Help The Rowe Center End The Year Strong
Dear Friends of Rowe,
The end of the year is often a time to reflect on the past as well as a time to look forward. That task seems especially difficult this year.
Over the past year Rowe has done its part to provide a counterpoint to the tumult and uncertainty of the year by enhancing and expanding our online outreach with free, low cost, and paid programs that have reached across the globe. We have opened up our campus up to private retreats for those individuals and families looking for a bit of quiet solitude. Most importantly, we have not put short term-financial gain ahead of safety and civic responsibility by rushing to reopen.
We are fortunate to be able to make these choices in large part because of the overwhelming and generous support of the Rowe family. We are reaching out one last time this year to help us finish the year strong. Our goal is to raise $60,000 this season. The money we raise will be used to ensure that Rowe ends the year in the strongest possible financial position and to underwrite the enormous amount of work required to bring folks back together in person for our camps and other programs. We have already invested thousands of dollars in new equipment and building upgrades to ensure long-term safety. However, much more is needed, and the profound uncertainty surrounding both the duration and trajectory of the pandemic and newly reimposed gathering limits mean that it is difficult to know when these investments will begin to pay off.
I hope that you will join me in answering this call with a one-time or recurring gift. Together we can ensure that Rowe is ready for the next chapter of this story.
What can my gift provide?
What can my gift provide?
Every dollar given goes toward supporting The Rowe Center, in support of Rowe’s camps, conferences and overall mission. Although funds will not be restricted to any particular project, priority will be given to efforts that support and enhance our ability to safely resume in-person youth camps and all-ages programs including conferences as well as to expand on our free online program offerings. Below are a few examples of how your gifts will support The Rowe Center this year.
$500 month or $6,000 one-time gift
A one-time gift of $6,000 or a recurring gift of $500 per month would help The Rowe Center:
- Offset the cost to remodel the front farmhouse reception area for better social distancing.
- Offset the cost to build a new dining room serving area to better comply with food service requirements.
- Underwrite the development of the chapel bell tower repair and renovation plan by Hill Engineering.
- install hand sanitizer stations campus-wide.
$200 month or $2,400 one-time gift
A one-time gift of $2,400 or a recurring gift of $200 per month would help The Rowe Center:
- Purchase and install safety barriers in the summer kitchen.
- Offset the cost of additional safety equipment for the camp infirmary.
- Purchase serving equipment needed to safely dispense coffee, tea, condiments and other items to guests.
- Offsets 3 months of additional costs due to COVID-19 related documentation and compliance.
- Purchase event tents and or sunshades to allow for maximum use of outdoor space.
$100 month or $1,200 one-time gift
A one-time gift of $1,200 or a recurring gift of $100 per month would help The Rowe Center:
- Purchase and install plexiglass safety barriers in the farmhouse dining area.
- Purchase and install 2 stand-alone HEPA filtration systems in our cabins.
- Provide all camp staff with reusable cloth face masks.
- Purchase additional bunk beds and mattresses to accommodate socially distanced campers.
$50 month or $600 one-time gift
A one-time gift of $600 or a recurring gift of $50 per month would help The Rowe Center:
- Purchase and install plexiglass safety barriers in the front office.
- Purchase and install of 1 stand-alone HEPA room filtration system.
- Purchase an additional electrostatic sprayer to clean and sanitize surfaces without releasing harmful chemicals into the air.
- Offset the cost of providing disposable face masks for camp staff.
- Offset the cost to market 1 month of free online programs.
$25 month or $300 one-time gift
A one-time gift of $300 or a recurring gift of $25 per month would help The Rowe Center:
- Purchase and install 1 hand sanitizer station and provide a year’s worth of hand sanitizer for it.
- Provide enough COVID-19 specific cleaning products for one entire camp session.
- Replace one non-functioning bathroom ventilation fan with a new automatic one.
- Purchase two rapid response COVID-19 test kits.
- Provide two new dining room tables to promote social distancing in the rec hall and farmhouse.
- Offset the cost to produce one free 90 minute online program.
$10 month or $120 one-time gift
A one-time gift of $120 or a recurring gift of $10 per month would help The Rowe Center:
- Provide enough PPE to protect a full-time employee for one month.
- Provide social distancing stickers and signage for one building.
- Provide all campers with an individual bottle of hand sanitizer (1 camp session).
- Purchase and install one fan to improve air circulation in the rec-hall or cabins.
- Offset the cost of providing COVID-19 awareness training to 5 summer camp staff members.
- Offset the software costs for one month of free online programing.
$5 month or $60 one-time gift
A one-time gift of $60 or a recurring gift of $5 per month would help The Rowe Center:
- Purchase one gallon of hand sanitizer and one box of masks.
- Purchase a complete set of cleaning supplies for a building or cabin.
- Provide a weekend host or summer camp staff member one complete set of PPE.
- Purchase one set of hand tools for our building and maintenance team.
- Cover the cost of background checks and training for one summer staff member.
- Cover the cost of Serv-Safe training for two summer kitchen staff members.
A gift of any amount
A gift in any amount:
- Supports the spirit and mission of Rowe in its work both in person and online.
- Provides much needed support and stability during this uncertain time.
- Is deeply appreciated and receives our deepest gratitude.